Need last-minute recipe ideas for your Holiday appetizer? Discover our express recipes of tuna skewers with maple syrup and truffle and cheese spread with grappa. Guaranteed success.
Truffle & Cheese Spread with Grappa
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 10 min | Refrigeration Time: 30 min
– 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese
– 2 oz (35 g) roquefort cheese
– ½ cup (125 ml) light 15% cream
– 1 tsp truffle oil
– 3 tbsp grappa
– 2 tbsp truffle breakings in olive oil
– 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
– ½ tsp dried marjoram
1. In a food processor, combine cream cheese, roquefort cheese, cream, truffle oil and grappa. Incorporate truffle breakings, parsley and marjoram.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Tuna Skewers with Maple Syrup
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 min | Refrigeration Time: 1h | Cooking Time: 5 min
– 1 cup (250 ml) maple syrup
– ¼ cup (60 ml) apple juice
– 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
– ¼ tsp salt
– 1 tsp ground ginger
– 1 tsp pepper flakes
– 1 lb (450 g) fresh tuna
– 2 small pears, quartered
– Mint leaves
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. In a blender, combine maple syrup, apple juice, coriander leaves, salt, ginger and pepper flakes 2 minutes. Transfer to a deep dish.
2. Slice tuna in long thick strips. Place tuna strips in marinade. Cover dish and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Remove dish from refrigerator. Drain tuna strips on paper towels. Skewer tuna strips, mint leaves and pear wedges.
4. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Cook skewers over high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer skewers to plates and serve.
The art of receiving by Andrea
To avoid total panic, here are a few recommendations for a perfect evening with your guests!
- Prepare as much as possible in advance:
- Three days before the event, make a list of tasks and material indispensable for the evening including flowers and music.
- Prepare the menu; list all foods and gifts needed; clean dishware, silverware, pots and pans necessary for all recipes; count wine glasses and make sure you have enough dishwashing soap, you shouldn’t need to run to the store after hours!
- Make sure you have the basics: alcohol, plates, tablecloth, napkins and extra chairs.
- The day before:
- Make table plans and set the table to avoid running around.
- Whenever possible, prepare desserts, appetizers and any other parts of the meal ahead of time.
- On the day itself:
- Begin early and select recipes you know well.
- The remaining hour before your guests arrive, relax with a glass of wine or do whatever is needed to put you in the mood.
- Never apologize if the meal is not perfect. Remember your guests do not know that!