Whether green, white, black, Oolong or flavored, these past years tea has been gaining popularity. Now that it has found its way to our hearts, pairing the right tea can turn regular desserts even meals into a unique culinary experience. Here’s a recipe that will help discover tea: Thé des Moines Waffles.
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 25 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Resting Time: 1h
– 3 tbsp Thé des Moines tea
– 1 cup (250 ml) warm milk
– 2 large eggs
– 3/8 cup (100 g) melted butter
– 1 cup (115 g) all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp sugar
– A pinch of salt
– A few strawberries and figs
-Whipped cream (optional)
1. Infuse tea for 1 hour in warm milk. Strain milk through sieve.
2. In a bowl, whisk eggs, melted butter and milk mixture. Add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. Heat a waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Garnish waffles with strawberries, figs and whipped cream. Serve.
Focus on the Palais des Thés:
Parisian tea company founded in 1987, internationally recognized for its unparalleled quality of single-estate teas and the refinement of flavored blends. 50 stores around the world in cities such as Tokyo, Paris, Moscow, Brussels, Oslo, Tel Aviv and many others; 3 Tea Schools® in Paris, New York and Moscow. All teas are sourced directly from small and remote plantations where the quality of the tea and environmental practices are the main focus.
Discover their products: