We are ending the week with a great recipe: Scallops with Black Olive Caviar and Artichokes. It’s so good!
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Refrigeration Time: 10 min
– 60 ml (¼ cup) Sicilian extra virgin olive oil
– 1 onion, very finely chopped
– 1 celery stalk, very finely chopped
– 1 sprig of thyme
– 250 ml (1 cup) white wine
– 3 tbsp black olive caviar
– 16 large scallops
– 125 ml (½ cup) artichoke and olive spread
– A few sprigs of dill
1. In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add onion and celery. Cook over medium heat for 7 minutes. Add thyme. Pour white wine and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in black olive caviar.
2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat remaining olive oil. Add scallops and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Pour olive caviar sauce over scallops and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer to plates. Garnish with artichoke spread and dill. Serve immediately.